Maple-Cinnamon Apple & Pear Baked Oatmeal
2 1/4 cups rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
2 TBSP coconut or brown sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 apples, peeled and diced
1 ripe pair, peeled and diced
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 375’F. Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
2 In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt, and nutmeg. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine almond milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla and stir well to combine.
4. Pour the liquid mixture over the oat mixture and stir until combined. The mixture will be soupy. Stir in the apples and pear.
5. Spoon the oatmeal into the casserole dish and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the walnuts on top and gently press them down into the oatmeal with your hands.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes until the oatmeal is bubbly and the apples are fork tender.
7. Cool the oatmeal for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy with a splash of almond milk and drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
8. Cool the oatmeal completely before wrapping it up and placing it in an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for 5 to 6 days or in the freezer for 2 to 3 weeks.
From The Oh She Glows Cookbook by, Angela Liddon